Let me Find a Cash Machine...Dialogue from The Big Lebowski




Waitress at diner: Excuse me, sir.. [approaches Walter and Dude] Could you please keep your voices down - This is a family restaurant.
Walter Sobchak: Oh please, dear? For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!
The Dude: Walter, this is not a First Amendment thing, man.
Waitress at diner: If you can't lower your voices, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.
Walter Sobchak: Lady, I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so that you and I could enjoy this family restaurant!
The Dude: Alright, I'm outta here [drops money and (inadvertently) a joint on counter, subtly picks up the joint]
Walter Sobchak(talking to Dude as he leaves) Oh come on, Dude - Don't walk away, man! C'mon, this affects all of us, man! Our basic freedoms!

Comments

Popular Posts

"Tangled Up In Blue": What's the Best Version?

Monday Poem: "The Book of Hours: I, 59" by Rainer Maria Rilke

Preached on in the World: What Happened with Bob Dylan in Toronto (1980)?

Tracing J.Cole's Millennial Journey

"Torch Songs" and "Cast Iron Ballads": Deep Cuts from the Planet Waves Era

Context: On Kendick Lamar's "How much a Dollar Cost"

Review: Bob Dylan at the Oakdale Theatre

Along for the Ride with Tell Tale Signs

Peace, Bullets, Schools, Chaos, Life, and The Drive by Truckers

Jeff Lynne's on the Phone