Bob Dylan Honors Petty with "Learning to Fly"

To honor the lateTom Petty, it came to my attention that Bob Dylan recently covered one of his most positive jams-"Learning to Fly"-at a concert in Denver, CO. Here, the band plays it straight and true, and Bob sings the tune to perfection. Ultimately, "Learning to Fly" is an uplifting song of hope, possibilities, and dare I say the "growth mindset". The "learning" in the song is OK with failure. I'm home sick today, and I think listening to this song is facilitating my recovery (along with tea and sleep). Enjoy!


For old times sake, here's Bob with Tom in the 80's:
And a little more. . .

Comments

Popular Posts

"Tangled Up In Blue": What's the Best Version?

Monday Poem: "The Book of Hours: I, 59" by Rainer Maria Rilke

Preached on in the World: What Happened with Bob Dylan in Toronto (1980)?

Tracing J.Cole's Millennial Journey

"Torch Songs" and "Cast Iron Ballads": Deep Cuts from the Planet Waves Era

Context: On Kendick Lamar's "How much a Dollar Cost"

Review: Bob Dylan at the Oakdale Theatre

Along for the Ride with Tell Tale Signs

Peace, Bullets, Schools, Chaos, Life, and The Drive by Truckers

Jeff Lynne's on the Phone